A certain author, who shall remain unnamed (Kate Quinn), posted 10 Reads of 2012 on her Goodreads blog along with this comment:
Two things hold true at the end of each year: all book bloggers must, by federal mandate, post a “Top Ten Books of the Year!” list on their blogs, and all of us whether book bloggers or not still have holiday shopping to do.
Being a Canadian citizen, I felt exempt from the federal mandate. And my Christmas shopping, except for trifle ingredients, is done. Ha, ducked that nicely!
Which is exactly why I’m now posting my 2012 Top 10 Historical Fiction Novels (in no particular order):
- Four Sisters, All Queens by Sherry Jones
- Gisborne: Book of Pawns by Prue Batten
- Marching With Caesar by R.W. Peake
- Destinies by Karleene Marrow
- How Angels Die by David-Michael Harding
- Lionheart by Sharon Kay Penman
- The Monmouth Summer by Tim Vicary
- The Queen’s Vow by C.W. Gortner
- Spirit of Lost Angels by Liza Perrat
- Oleanna by Julie K. Rose
Click on the individuals links to read the full reviews. If you still have Christmas shopping left, an Amazon link is at the bottom of each review for your convenience.
I sincerely wish you all a Merry Christmas and health, happiness and prosperity in 2013. You made Darlene Elizabeth Williams HF Reviews the success it enjoyed in 2012 and I look forward to sharing 2013 with the amazing people I met this year.